Beanstream is part of the Bambora family. Together, we are proud to come together as innovators, service engineers, financial advisors, marketers, and digital masters. We are champions of everyday commerce. We don’t wait for change, but rather see it as our mission to challenge: push the boundaries, redefine normal, and thereby achieve the extraordinary.
We are growing rapidly and need to add to our existing rock star sales team even further. We are looking for our next remote Business Development Manager extraordinaire in markets such as Toronto, the GTA, Montreal, Ottawa, or Waterloo.
Working for us, you will be working with leading companies and software providers in North America. You will be empowered to be always on the move, looking for new opportunities at every corner. We live in the dynamic world of payments and the exciting ecosystem that comes together to deliver an elegant, simple payments experience. But you already know this. You come from the payments industry and are eager to plug into your existing network to drive growth. Perhaps even a bit of a payments ‘geek’, you can piece together merchant needs to solutions, and comfortably walk through key terminology like tokenization, merchant acquiring, and onboarding automation. You are eager to share your knowledge amongst merchants, partners, and peers to drive growth in a culture of openness and collaboration.
You thrive on opportunity, opening doors, and executing these across the finish line. You have closed deals, negotiated contracts, guided implementation and managed existing accounts in your previous assignments.
This is a remote position, reporting into the Chief Commercial Officer in Victoria, BC. The Business Development Manager works closely with the North American Account Management team. Responsible for generating new sales resulting in revenue gains and gross margin for the company.
- Identify opportunities and sell Beanstream solutions to leading merchants and integrated software partners.
- Exceed set yearly goal of Gross Margin.
- Be a payments expert, staying current on industry trends and leveraging this knowledge into selling opportunities.
- Lead prospecting meetings, coordinate with Developer Community Manager to help streamline technical integrations and drive revenue faster.
- You are a ‘Hunter’. You prefer to identify opportunities and relentlessly pursue them to carve out your own success and be rewarded.
- Proven deal closer.
- Flexible, informal yet professional. Excellent communicator.
- You are a team player.
- You have a passion for payments and FinTech.
- You have a willingness to travel.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in the payments industry with sales role selling payments solutions, software applications, or financial services.
- Network: Relevant business network to payments and financial services in Canada and the US.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
- Driver: results orientated.
- Network: relevant relationship of merchants and partners.
- Communication: strong personality with strong commercial drive.
- Entrepreneurial: Independent, self-motivator, preference to work in a growing entrepreneurial environment.
Beanstream, a Bambora Company, has enabled businesses of every size to receive and make payments online, in-store and in-app since early 2000. We have the largest payment suite in the industry, which means whatever you want to do, we can help. From a small business just getting started, to established platforms offering payments to their users, we’ve got you covered.